Gratitude (and a traveler's advisory)
You have all been so nice to stop by with encouragement and empathy the last two posts. I'm grateful. Truly -- thank you. Your words and your presence here bolstered me for what was a tough week.
Even a newcomer dropped in -- Hi Bogart -- I'm not usually all doom and gloom. Although, you should know that I rarely post anything, so maybe doom and gloom was actually an upgrade from the nothing my poor readers usually receive.
ANYWAY...
My 6-year old has joined the Junior Ski Racer Development Team (which is somehow abbreviated to "Devo") at our local ski hill where there's a run called "Bomber Bowl". The run is so named because awhile back in local history a bomber plane crashed into the hillside during a training run from a nearby airforce base or some such and the remains of the plane are visible still, so a memorial of sorts has been created. Well, the Devo team was taken to the memorial and given the opportunity to see the wing of the plane, etc., and that was that.
So he is telling me the story a day or two later, very excited to have been skiing on the run that is named for the plane that sunk into the ocean and millions of years later was lifted up by a submarine and brought to our ski hill so we could all remember that bombs are dangerous and planes are a scary way to cross the ocean, and skiing is actually a lot safer.
Those of you contemplating a trans-oceanic vacation, please book a skiing cruise rather than a bomber flight.

9 Comments:
That's priceless.
Does he believe his version is true, or was he enjoying telling a good story?
i really hope he believes his version. because it's much, much better.
Maybe submarine? His version is much more exciting.
I like that story! :D
TysGirl: I blame Dr. Suess for "To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street." Honestly, the kid's a circus all by himself. :)
Matt: By tomorrow, he'll have 3 more versions of the same story, each one more outlandish than the last.
Squirl: Well his version had to be exciting. He's a little Saggitarius, and they just can't leave a story unembellished.
Mo/Dis: Me too. :) He's such a crack up.
whip it...
If you have to blame some one, Dr Seuss is a good place to start.
I wish I could be a DEVO...
I am sure that team could use a 250lb, 6'5 person who acts like a 7 year old!
William: Um, you lost me.
MW: Ah Suess... I miss him.
Bogart: With that description, gravity would accelerate you to warp speeds and you'd win every race. We've taken a vote, and you're in!
Post a Comment
<< Home