Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Rock Climbing, Homecoming... plus a "Vampirumpkin."

Photos of stuff listed above:





















("Vampirumpkin" created, named and brought to you courtesy of Littlest Eclectic.)

22 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Blogger mama biscuit said...

I adore your son's imagination.

Also, are you sure you and your daughter aren't really sisters?

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger eclectic said...

TysGirl: It's pretty amazing what kids think up, if you pay attention. Thanks!

And yes, I'm very sure. Heck, I've even got a photo of us together the evening of Homecoming where I look positively ANCIENT standing next to my beautiful girl! But you're the sweetest thing to think so and say it. :)

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger mama biscuit said...

Oh please, you so do not look ancient!

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger matt said...

Vampiripumpkin completely just made my evening. :) Thank you, thank you.

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger eclectic said...

TysGirl: OK then, and thank you! But I FEEL ancient. ;)

Matt: Any time. Vampirumpkin is pleased to have the opportunity to serve. ;)

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger traci said...

Hey! I've SEEN you! You're not ancient (even though you are four whole days older than me) and you certainly don't look it! Your girlie is stunning however...(sob) My baby will be 16 tomorrow.

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger WILLIAM said...

Awesome photos. Is your daughter more nervous rock climbing or going to the homecoming?

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger Jennie said...

That homecoming picture is adorable.

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger pack of 2 said...

WOW!!! All the "Mini E's" have grown SOOOOO much in the last year. B. is beautiful....looks just like her mom. :)

Ang

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger eclectic said...

Twinnie: She's going to be 16?? WAITJUSTADOGGONESECOND, who gave her permission to do that?!?!?! OK, I may not be ancient exactly, but I wondered, "Who's the crone next to B?" in the picture from that night, until I realized it was me. :)

William: Waaaaaaaaaaaay more nervous at homecoming. Rock climbing's a piece of cake. ;)

Jennie!: I KNOW, huh? Scary.

Ang: Aww, thanks. They have grown a TON! Probably it's time the Shangie Aunties come up for a visit. (Yes, I'm hinting.)

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Brandon said...

agh! my comment deleted!

so, i think what i was trying to do was make a joke about how if my kids ever get that pretty, they will never be allowed to go to homecoming.

it was funnier in my head.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger eclectic said...

Brandon: Anything would be funnier than when your kid goes to Homecoming. With someone else's kid and his hormones. Trust me on this.

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You mentioned you may be coming this way in Nov.....how's that looking? We have a week off coming up in a few weeks, just like last year. Want to meet up at a soccer game again????? :)

A.

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

These are all great, lady! You and your whole family just rock (pun totally intended).

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger traci said...

I love you.

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger limpy99 said...

Your kids don't know how to work a TV remote do they?

That's a compliment.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Squirl said...

Rock climbing, the last thing my family would be caught doing. Good for you guys for being so active.

Your daughter looks so gorgeous. The boy looks like a kid. And you do not look ancient. You only feel that way because you push the heck out of yourself.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Iron Fist said...

I hope that young man had your little Eclectic home at a respectable hour. I'd hate to come up to Wenatchee just to break his arms. I'd rather come up there to have you give me mountain climbing lessons.

P.S. you're such a badass.

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

The fact that you're getting your kids into rock climbing at a young age is awesome. I wish I'd had a rock to climb growing up.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger eclectic said...

Angie: Looking at attending a conference near you -- still don't have it finalized. I'll keep ya posted though!!

Jessica: Well, we all just wanna be big rock stars, live in hilltop mansions driving 16 cars... !

Traci: Love you back!!

Limpy: Sadly, I'm the only one who really doesn't know how to coordinate the various remotes. The kids? It's like instinct. But thanks. ;)

Squirl: Rock climbing is super-fun my dear, and anyone can do it. Next time you come visit, we'll rope you in!

Vahid: "Uncle Guido" suits you! But seriously, would I leave it up to him to bring her home?! I DO NOT THINK SO. No, my poor girl had to endure the chauffeuring talents of her mother. Fortunately, she didn't seem to mind.

Sir: We're lucky to live in and around some great climbing opportunities. It's amazing the confidence they build when they see a rock wall and learn that they can scale it.

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger I'm not here. said...

Okay, I think I've gotten over the shock enough to post:

Who is that lovely young lady? And what happened to that little girl, E?? Oh my goodness she's grown up so fast!
And she's so gorgeous...of course, we knew she was going to be from day one but still.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have something in my eye. *sniffle*

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger eclectic said...

M/D: Awwww... don't cry yet. Pretty soon it will be Addy going to Homecoming. THEN, we'll cry. Over beer. The way god intended. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home