Grief... and a Birthday
The friend of whom I wrote in the last post passed away last night. I received the message this morning.
It was inevitable of course, and by now we were all expecting it. Strange how it feels again like loss, though everyone agrees we lost her last week, not last night.
Despite that, it IS my daughter's 15th birthday today, and some celebration is irrefutably in order. Strange how celebrating something for which I truly am happy feels inappropriate and insensitive. Equally strange how grieving seems like a betrayal when we're commemorating the day our daughter entered our lives, the happiest day of our lives to that point.
**Sigh.**
Where's that damn Life Instruction book anyway? I obviously need to consult the fine print to learn the proper procedure for today.

14 Comments:
Yes that is a tough one. I'm sure your friend would want you to be happy about the birthday of your daughter though.
I am so sorry for your loss. That is very sad.
Hugs to you E & Happy Birthday to your daughter.
S
I am so sorry that this year has been rough so far. I am sorry for your loss and the loss of those around you.
I hope that your 15 year old has a great day. Life and death there is that fine line . . . xxoo
Birthday hugs to LG.
If I had a life's instruction book, I'd Xerox off the appropriate pages and send them to you.
Happy Birthday *B*!!
Your friend would want you to be happy.
I am sorry about your friend. But I'm happy for your little Eclectic.
I'm so sorry.
Happy birthday to your daughter. I think 15 is a good year.
The best way to remember your friend is to celebrate life. What better way than with a birthday party.
The one thing you can do that perhaps addresses both events is to hold your daughter a little closer today. And I'm sure you're already doing that. :)
I know it's hard honey. I'm sorry.
I also know that as hard as it is (and I am truly sorry to say this because I know how it sounds) life does continue. And your beautiful girl needs to know that out of the ashes of grief can come beauty and celebration and...life.
Of course, you don't need me to tell you all of those things. You already know. You are doing a good job writing your own life instruction book. Remember that.
I love you my friend.
Happy Mothers Day.
I am sorry for your loss.
I'm sorry for your loss.
Sorry I missed the day. I wish I could be there to give you a big hug.
I agree you're honoring your friend by celebrating your daughter's life.
Love and hugs, dear sister.
I am so sorry for your loss and the loss of the family involved.
I'm very sorry, e.
(I've been looking for the reset button on 2009 since about January 5.)
Post a Comment
<< Home