Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Aging: the Q & A.

Q: What do you do when you can't run as far, nor bike as fast, nor hike as steeply, nor climb as high as you used to, as you want to, as people think you should/can?


A: Open a bottle of wine instead. Really fast, and with a flourish too, of course.

9 Comments:

At 6:17 AM, Blogger zuhn said...

This is why I look to you for answers.

Signed,
Grasshopper

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger mama biscuit said...

Oh wise one, what if I don't like wine?

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger eclectic said...

Zuhn: Learning well, you are.

Penni: Come visit. We'll go wine-tasting. (I have built-in babysitting available for Syd.)

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Jennie said...

You are so wise.

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger eclectic said...

Jennie: I KNOW! But, I didn't invent DVDs... I totally should have.

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Mad William said...

I like the POP of champagne.

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Plantar Fasciitis in my left foot has recently arrived at my doorstep, so I'm through running for awhile. My left wrist kills me after a day of climbing rocks, so I pop Advil like it's pez the next day. Lifting at the gym is usually accompanied by the occasional *pop* and *crack*. It turns out that the only thing I can do that doesn't break me in some way is drink and eat. There are worse fates, I guess.

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Kristiana said...

me? i blame the bebe, and then assure her she is totally worth the sacrifice... i'll just have to train harder.

then i open the wine. with flourish, of course!

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Kristiana said...

me? i blame the bebe, and then assure her she is totally worth the sacrifice... i'll just have to train harder.

then i open the wine. with flourish, of course!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home