Sunday, July 12, 2009

Recap of summer so far.

12U Baseball. League baseball, AAU Select baseball, and then some more All-Star baseball, ending in State Tournament baseball. A LOT of baseball.

Ski camp. Snow skiing/race camp @ Mt. Hood for the same 12 y.o. as above.

Karate. Twice weekly each for 15 y.o. and 6 y.o. 4-day karate camp for 15 y.o.

Hiking. Training for Rainier climb. (Which then didn't happen due to a variety of circumstances. *sigh*)

Cycling. 6 y.o. conquers his bike, becomes inseparable from it. Group and individual rides all over our lovely valley. Also, a 2-day trip to Hood River, OR (while dropping off the skier above), with lots of new road rides to try. This involved a quick side-trip to the Deschutes Brewing Co. in Portland and a lovely couple of hours in the company of our official Favorite Family Tour guide, Vahid.

Rock climbing. The Birthday Fairy completed my gear rack, and we've been climbing quite a bit when we find ourselves with a few hours to spare.

Doctors and medical tests. Mr. Eclectic's ongoing concerns have been complicated with other fun symptoms and it looks as though he may be going in for routine surgery in the next week or so. Meanwhile, one of the factors in canceling our Mt. Rainier trip was my out-of-shape-ness. Turns out, it may be something wrong with my heart instead of me just dogging it like I thought. More tests and fun to come. Nothing serious, just precautionary "Let's figure this out"-type stuff. Not to worry.

Guests. Brother-in-law arrives tomorrow. Barbecue in his honor with friends scheduled for Tuesday, and then Mr. E and his brother leave for a 5-day fly-fishing trip Wednesday morning, which is the same day that the 12 y.o. leaves for a week on vacation with his best buddy's family. During that time, I intend to finish painting the upstairs hall. Don't hold your breath.

And that's the Eclectic Summery Summary as of today's date.

Hope you're all embracing whatever your lives are bringing you, because when it comes down to it, that's really all any of us ever have. Cheers!

15 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Blogger Squirl said...

You guys are always soooo busy. I guess we're lucky to ever see you around your blog. :-)

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Sharkey said...

Squirl's right--you guys ARE busy! Enjoy your time with family and friends, and hope you get nothing but good news on the medical front.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for updating us on what's been going on in your world. Love you. Take care, Sharikins.

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Kranki said...

Holy! You guys are sure not letting medical worries slow you down. Hope the fun continues and that all the health stuff only needs more fun to cure it all.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Damn, I'm exhausted from reading this. I think I need a nap now.

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger mama biscuit said...

Not to worry? Yeah right! How could I not worry?

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Kristiana said...

wow, no lazy summer for you guys! my itinerary looks like this:
nurse
nurse
change diaper
nurse
repeat

are you coming to portland again soon?

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger traci said...

Do you mean to tell me Twinnie, that you were near my freakin' neck of the woods and didn't call or text me??? WTF?

And please don't tell me there's something wrong with your beautiful heart...that is a wee bit terrifying to me dear one.

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger WILLIAM said...

Not worry? Wow. I hope everything turns out all right.

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger eclectic said...

Squirl: Manic, I think is the word you're looking for. ;)

Shawkey: Thanks! We are enjoying it, and all indications are that only good news is possible, so we're counting on it.

CK: Love you too! It's a crazy, beautiful place, my world.

Kranki: Full-speed ahead on the fun. Life's too short not to, right?

Bucky: Ooooh, take one for me, too! Also, post movie reenactments of whatever dreams you have, please.

TysGirl: Um, because you are far too busy being Mom Of The Year to worry, that's how. I'm fine... just old, probably. ;)

Asia: Babyland is an all-consuming place to live, as I recall. Please smooch her little face for me!! I love Portland, but we probably won't be back for awhile now. :(

Twinnie: Well, we were there with friends whose son also went to ski camp. I blew kisses, though! Please don't worry -- I'm fine.

William: Honest, don't worry. And thanks.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger mama biscuit said...

Ah, but being a mom makes you worry about these things even more. You should know that.

We heart you and are sending you good vibes.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger I'm not here. said...

Oh my goodness...where to begin?
1) Hope you have nothing but good news regarding any medical condition both of you may have.
2) "Don't worry"...*raises eyebrow* Well, you are seeing a doctor so I won't worry as much, okay? That's all this Worry Wart can promise you. (I have WW noted by Organ Donor on my driver's license, dontchaknow)
3)That, my friend, is one crazy schedule.
4) The birthday fairy gave you...a rack? Oh! A gear rack. Like for your car. Gotcha. ;)

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Iron Fist said...

I sure loved meeting the Eclectic family and showing you guys around, even if you wouldn't let me pay for gelato. Seriously, you guys are the best.

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger zuhn said...

I continue to be amazed at how you can pack in so much activity in such a short time. I bow down to your greatness.

Fingers crossed for you and Mr. E.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Crossing everything we've got for you and Mr. E.....I'm sure it will all turn out just fine. :)

We are planning our trip up to the lake a little later than usual this year. Shelly has her 3 month appt. on 8/20 to see if the fusion is under way. We're hoping that if it is ( it HAS to be or it will be another operation with bone graphs from her hip)that she can lose her "necklace" (neck brace). Who wants to sit out in hot weather wearing a neck brace? No one, really. Anyway, we're planning on the end of August and would love to see you if we can figure out our time lines. Miss you and thinking about you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home