There's a land that I heard of, once, in a lullaby.
Off to the ancient ruins of my childhood we go, in order to observe a tribal ritual known locally as my nephew's wedding this weekend. The first part of the trip should take about 23 actual drive-hours, which, when you factor in stops for food, gas, rest stops, etc., will equate to approximately 26 hours on the road.
WHAT?! Who agreed to this? It's insanity!
Nevertheless, we leave tomorrow. At 6 a.m. sharp the car exits the driveway, pausing only for on-coming traffic, if any... which, seriously... it's a cul-de-sac.
We head first to Denver for a few days, then off to Kansas City to visit my delightful grandmother who's 95 and still living independently, full of love and life. I'm quite excited to see her! From there, we'll circle back home the scenic route through Mt. Rushmore National Park.
I'll miss you, my lovely innernuts.
P.S. Nina, I've programmed your numbers into my cell and I'll call as we get close!

14 Comments:
Drive safe, have fun! (And see you in a couple of weeks!)
Be safe.
Be safe, have fun, and give my Nina a great big hug. (I am so jealous of you both.)
Come back safe!
Have a fun and safe trip!!
Sounds like a road trip adventure that will provide many hilarious blog posts in the near future. Can't wait.
Well now, no wonder you didn't answer my email! ROFL
Drive safely Twinnie. Sounds like a totally amazing road trip!
Have a great time! See you when you get back!
Have fun sister! :)
26 hours on the road...you are a brave soul.
Hope you have a safe journey! :)
I hope you're having fun, regardless.
Oh, I just realized that you're going to meet Nina. Or did you already??? Nina's great!
Safe travels and have fun.
Make sure you stop to get enough beef jerkey for the road and you can't miss the world's largest frying pan.
Hey, lady...time to blog again!
Post a Comment
<< Home