Monday, October 08, 2007

Overheard conversations with my 4-year-old:


[Self-portrait]




Son 1 (laughing): Dude, you are such a goofball! You make me laugh!!

Son 2 (age 4): Please. PLEASE. Don't mock my pain.



****************


Family Friend: Wow! I can't believe you cleaned up this messy room all by yourself!

Son 2: I know! Can you believe my life?? G-L-A-M...


*****************


Son 2: Mommy, can Phoebe and I go ride bikes?

Phoebe: Actually [Littlest Eclectic], I wanna stay and do puzzles.

Mom: What do you think about staying and doing puzzles with Phoebe?

Son 2: I think it sounds like a whole lotta NOT RIDING BIKES.


******************


Pre-school Teacher (to another student): Your mom is here and I think you need to put your toys away now.

Son 2 (to same student): Oh man... welcome to my world.

34 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Bwahahahaha! Good GRIEF! Tell you what, let's put my 5 year old and your 4 year old in a room and just sit back and *listen*... well, and take notes so we can blog it all. :)

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger The Q said...

Ohmygoodness. What a little character!

 
At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gawd, I LOVE four year olds! My most favorite age, for real!

His self portrait is priceless!

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Nilbo said...

HA! "Welcome to my world". I love this kid!

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger jenny said...

are you kidding me? he started singing fergie ferg? i must meet this magnificent boy!

 
At 4:25 AM, Blogger kat said...

oh man, i love other people's kids.

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger zuhn said...

They can make witty commentary by 4? Man, I've got a lot to learn.

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That little guy is so cute!

 
At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Priceless. You had me at "don't mock my pain."

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger eclectic said...

CK: OOoooooh, that sounds PERFECT! My house or yours? Better yet: McDonald's!!!

Sooze: Yeah, and Syd is right on his heels in that department, I'm betting!

Traci: Four beats the heck outta three, for certain. And yeah, my husband wanted to delete the photo, but I said no way -- think of the blackmail potential later!!

Nilbo: He is a mess. Welcome to MY world. :)

Jenny: It's the older sibs keeping him current with pop culture. Personally, I was just grateful he didn't burst out with Fergilicious.

Kat!: Enough to take one of mine? KIDDING!! (maybe...)

Zuhn: Seriously! The Sweet Pea will be very educational for you, I think.

Packof2: Thanks! I think so, but then... I'm his mom. :)

Dustin: I know, right??

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Brandon said...

back in my day, kids didn't reach puberty til 12 or 13. they grow up so much faster nowadays. i blame the internet.

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

Oh my goodness! That's the best laugh I've had all week!

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Squirl said...

All of your kids are so precocious. He is a little trip. :-)

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger eclectic said...

/\: Ooooh, can I blame the internet for why they drink, too? Wait. That's not funny.

HTGT: Glad to help! He really does keep us all laughing, except for when we remember that we'll be AARP-aged before he graduates.

Squirl: He'd love to see his Auntie Squirl and Uncle Ichabod again. (hint, hint)

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

McD's! Excellent! Um... which one?

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger eclectic said...

CK: You mean, there's more than one?

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger peefer said...

I love it! What I love most is that he's not making this stuff up out of the blue. HE'S REPEATING EVERY UTTERANCE THAT COMES FROM YOUR MOUTH.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Mad William said...

So far the bast part of having a 3 year old: he is a constant source of entertainment. The things they say is of the chart funny. As you know.

Don't mock my pain...hysterical!

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger matt said...

I love it. And I love you, Shari.

Someday I'm going to have to meet this kid. He's awesome.

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger WILLIAM said...

Does he get the sracasm from his mom or Dad?

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger WILLIAM said...

Who are you laughing at?

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger eclectic said...

Peefer: You've been spying again, haven't you?

Mad William: Isn't it fun?! I'm telling you, every stage just gets better.

Matt: Back atcha. :) Seven Devils, Summer '08. You in?

William: Hmmmm... I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about.

William: You. To be specific, those sunglasses ON you. Hilarious!

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Nina said...

Oh I so love that age! Can I be their auntie? "Welcome to my life" is going to be cracking me up for a long time to come.

 
At 1:13 AM, Blogger Iron Fist said...

Littlest Eclectic is my role model. I know he may only be four years old, but I want to be just like him when I grow up.

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger Ortizzle said...

Kids say the darndest things! I especially like the "whole lotta not bike riding" !!

 
At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha - hilarious!

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love love love it! Kids say the cutest and funniest things.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger I'm not here. said...

Oh dear...you are in the presence of A CHARACTER right there! Wow!

"Don't mock my pain." = classic

 
At 4:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yep. Write ‘em down and remember them now, ‘cause when the little Electics become teens you’ll need something to remember why you love the things they say (and do).

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger mama biscuit said...

I hope you're writing some of this stuff down, it will make for good blackmail material later in life.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Kranki said...

Watch! He'll be a comedian. Quick wit that that is too awesome to go to waste.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger eclectic said...

Nina: Honey, you've been their Auntie Nina for a long time, now. They know they're going to get to visit you the next time we go to Colorado to see family, so it's a done deal. You're stuck! :)

Vahid: You're not going to grow up are you? Crap! Who will play pinball with me??

Ortizzle: Honestly? That one was my favorite too, just because of the delivery. He was so perfectly deadpan... hysterical!

Kalki: He's a crack up!

Lawbrat: Aren't they goofy?! How are you, kiddo? I miss you.

Mo/Dis: One liners delivered almost as well as when you give 'em. :)

Nick: That's why I put it on here -- so if I forget, all of you guys can remind me!

TysGirl: Write? Like, on paper?? HAHA! Girl, this blog is as close to a baby book as any of these poor kids will ever have. Sadly, I will never be scrapbook mother of the year. *sigh*

Krank: He really does keep us laughing, but sometimes I think it's just us... we're easily amused. :)

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

We miss you SO much!!!! We need a weekend with the girls and since you're one of the two of them....when can we make this happen??? We miss you two so, SO much!

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger mrtl said...

I was already having an asthsmatic attack when I stopped in. Should have waited.

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home