Friday, July 27, 2007

I can't come to my blog right now...

. . . because I'm climbing Mt. Rainier! Our team leaves the bottom trailhead between 8 and 9 pm tonight (Friday), and we'll hopefully arrive at the summit near daybreak Saturday. We'll pause for photos and such, then head back down and leave the mountain sometime Saturday p.m. We plan to get a hotel on the way and not try to drive all the way home that night, but it sort of depends on what time we actually descend and how thrashed we are.

In any event, if I don't show up here in some fashion by Monday sometime, it's because I'm at the bottom of some crevasse and EXTREMELY pissed off, because that would mean I didn't get to see Squirl, who will be in my area on Monday. Mr. Eclectic and I are going to meet up with Squirl and Mr. Squirl!!

Yeah, I know... you guys are all jealous, and honestly? You should be, so that's right and proper. But, you'll just have to go find your own mountain and your own blog-sister, because this weekend Rainier and Squirl are ALL MINE!

15 Comments:

At 3:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

YAY for you! Have fun darlin! Be safe! Enjoy! Say "hi" to Squirl for me!

Yeah, I'm jealous about the meeting Squirl part... but not so much about all the hiking and mountain climbing part. ;)

 
At 4:16 AM, Blogger Susie said...

That will be amazing. I'm going to climb . . . um . . . my stairs. So there.
Give Squirl a big hug from me.
Have a wonderful, safe climb. xxx

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger Nilbo said...

Envy. Envy for you. Envy for Mr. E. Envy for everyone else in your party. Envy for Squirl.

Envy. That most base and hideous of human emotion. As Invidia, one the the seven deadly sins (along with Lust, Sloth, Gluttony, and .. er .. Sleepy ... Bashful ... and one I always forget. I think Doc.)

The corresponding Holy Virtue is Kindness (the other Holy Virtues include abstinence - not really my style - and patience - which is, along with, of course, Donder, Blitzen, and the rest.

So to counter my Envy of you all, I shall do something kind for someone today.

In the meantime, you climb safely (in the dark? God, you're a rock star!). Don't slip and land on your crevasse, and check ropes three times. Because it's an old mountain climbers' axiom: You can't un-fall.

We'll be here. Missing you and worrying about you.

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger limpy99 said...

That's seriously cool.

 
At 6:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wondered if the 'climb' would happen! Now, let me just tell you this...if I hear one word on the news about you being stuck somewhere on that mountain, I am going to be very pissed off about needing to drive up there and make them hurry the hell up about finding you. So take care and step carefully...are you listening my twin???

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Cool! Now be careful....we have plans for you in Sept.

***mwa***

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Have fun & be safe! Don't make us have to come drag you off of that mt.

Shel

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Ahem! It's "the Bod of Ich"!!

(you're welcome Squrrrrlie Joe Bob)

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

WOW... that's really exciting! can't wait to see pic's. be safe and have fun.

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Jealous? No. Envious? Yes.

Be safe!

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Ortizzle said...

Have fun, be safe, and take a ton of pics. (Yes, in the dark as you are climbin!)

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Kranki said...

So cool! Literally and figuratively. Hope you brought a sweater.

 
At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! Rock on.

 
At 4:38 AM, Blogger Platypus said...

Ooh say hi to Squirl from me too! I hope you have a brilliant time.

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger Squirl said...

Can't wait to meet you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home