The way to THIS woman's heart...
The enchanting Jessica has tagged me with a meme, which, of the many things I love, is about the thing I love best: FOOD!
Simple rules, really:
1. Add a direct link to your post beneath the name of the person who tagged you. Include your location (state/country/city).
2. List your 5 top favorite places to eat locally.
3. Tag 5 other people from other states/countries, and let them know they've been tagged.
Previous Players:
Nicole (Sydney, Australia)
Velverse (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
LB (San Giovanni in Marignano, Italy)
Selba (Jakarta, Indonesia)
Olivia (London, England)
ML (Utah, USA)
J (California, USA)
CuriosityKiller (Hong Kong, SAR)
Shelli (Minnesota, USA)
Bluepaintred (Saskatchewan, Canada)
Avitable (Florida, USA)
Diana (Singapore, Singapore)
Jessica (Missouri, USA)
Shari (Washington, USA)
So then, here are my local favorites:
1) Pub Fare -- McGlinn's Public House
The Hot Crab sandwich is served open-faced on grilled English muffin halves, featuring avocado and red onion slivers, and OH! the sauce. Mmmmm... Plus, they serve a wicked black bean chili, and they're famous for their wood-fired pizzas. The Cafe Michael is the best mixed salad ever created, served with their own feta-ranch dressing.
2) Mexican -- Tequila's
Doesn't the name sort of speak for itself on this one? I wonder if it's really the food, or the fishbowl-sized margaritas (not from mix!) that keep me coming back. Still, the pollo asado served with whole beans and corn tortillas is an all-time favorite. Their chips and salsa are freshly made on-site, I could fill up on those alone... and have, thanks for asking.
3) Italian -- Visconti's
Traditional italian fare in an intimate, homey setting, yet they feature some of the best food and wine served in the valley. They rotate the offerings, so I try to choose something new almost every time. I have yet to be disappointed.
4) Thai -- The Thai
Aside from the name lacking creativity, and the decor looking a little like Grandma's kitchen, The Thai is authentic and delicious. The family who own and operate it are delightful, and since they both cook and serve, their exacting standards are always met. One sip of their Thai iced tea conjurs a beautiful beach in the sun. I'm partial to the spicy chicken peanut curry over lightly sauteed spinach.
5) Breakfast -- Wild Huckleberry
Nothing I can say will adequately convey my love of eating breakfast there, so if you're curious, you'll just have to come visit so I have another excuse to go. From the coffee (which is excellent every time), to the home-baked cinnamon rolls, to the incredible omelets, the fresh fruit... if it's offered there, it's worth eating. They also offer healthy choices, like egg substitute or egg whites in place of whole eggs, or you can opt for old-fashioned oats in place of hashbrowns.
As a bonus, I'm listing my favorite "Special Occasion" restaurant as well, even though that totally violates the rules: Shakti's. Expensive, sure. But OMG! And that's all I have to say about that.
Thanks Jessica!! I've struggled for subject matter, and this was a lot of fun! I know I've already broken the rules once, so what's one more: I'm not tagging anyone. (But if any of you want to be tagged, just let me know and I'll gladly tag you.)

15 Comments:
Anywhere that is called Tequila's grabs my attention!
xxx
aiks so many rules of tags broken at one go!! haha but forgiven since the place description are so good...make me wanna go to wile huckleberry for breakfast prob is I'm never awake for breakfast...so I'll opt for Visconti's and their ever changing menu
Ps thanks for doing the tag. If you know of anyone else doing it please feel free to send me a message and I’ll update them too on the updated list of tag doers
Sign me up for the crab cakes...Yummy!!!
Shelly
MMM...Margarita!
:D
Oooooooooooo~ I like your list of restaurants! You have great taste. Thanks for doing the meme! This is so fun, I love tracking down this meme and all the bloggers all over the world!
Happy Mother's Day, sis. I hope you get to eat in at least one of these damn places today :)
JDR: A woman after my own heart.
Nicole: Oops! *blush* Who knew the meme's author would be checking?? ;) Thanks for stopping by, and for letting me get away with the broken rules. Y'know, Wild Huckleberry serves breakfast all day. When shall I expect you? :)
Shelly: OK. You're all signed up; now you two just hop your happy asses right on up here and we'll all go together. Oh, and McGlinn's also has THE BEST beer bread, baked on-site.
Mo/Dis: I'm sayin'! Had one just last night, thanks. Mmmmmmmm...
CuriosityKiller: Hi! Thanks for dropping by. It is a fun meme, isn't it?
Susie: Happy Mother's Day to you, too!! I'm bagging TWO of these restaurants this weekend, PLUS, Mr. Eclectic is grilling steak tonight. Spoiled much? ME????
drool. Now I need to have something tasty for dinner. Certainly not the leftover mac n cheese on the stove from babysitting my nieces! (a mother's day present to my sis and her partner)
Happy Mother's Day, Shari!
Happy Mothers Day !!!!!!!!!
I can't wait to come up to your side of the PNW.....YUMMY!!!
Angie
Thanks for playing, Shari - and I, for one, will eat ANYWHERE that looks like grandma's kitchen!
Wild Huckleberry sounds like a great place to dine in huh. Hehhee.. especially the times when you wake up in the morning trying to catch a great cup of coffee... fresh bread and omelletes.
I am sorta interested in your recommendations for McGlinn's Public House. I wonder how The Hot Crab sandwich looks/taste like. Haha.. seriously... I still can't scrap the whole crab with hard shell between the bread imagination when I see the word :D Silly me huh... but I bet it must taste really good.
All this food talk is making me hungry...
Wait, there's a place called "Tequila's" that serves food? Why?
#1 sounds awesome, E. Crab, feta-ranch, yum. I'm hungry now.
Sheryl: Thank you! It was a good day, and I didn't have to cook all weekend!!! Hope you managed something besides leftover mac!
Angie: Thanks doll! And, just when are you coming up to my side of the PNW?????? Soon, I hope!
Jess: Good call! Suwana and her family will be glad to see you.
Vel: Hi! Nice of you to stop by. The crab is already shelled and piled atop the grilled English muffin halves. It's delicious!
IronFist: I know, huh?
Limpy: Excellent question, Counselor. Nonetheless, superfluous though it may be, the food is delicious.
Lynn: C'mon out here -- we can hit all 6 places before you head back home!
Post a Comment
<< Home