Proof (as if you needed any) that I really am insane:
OK, Internets, here is my life for the next 36 hours:
-Go to home improvement store to purchase fixtures and supplies.
-Go to the bank
-Get gas in the car
-Pick up children from 3 different schools, dropping one off at track practice
-Wash and dry 1 baseball uniform (along with a full load to go with it)
-Take 2 children to practice the Jr. Ridge to River course
-Drop off one baseball player for warm-up
-Pick up one track star
-Load car with chairs, blankets and coats
-Attend 1 baseball game
-Make dinner for 5 (plus 3 guests)
-Clean up
-Force 3 children to bed before they "feel sleepy" *sigh*
-Sleep
-Awaken, herd sleepy children through breakfast (which Mr. Eclectic makes -- how much do I love that?!)
-Get one child to soccer practice; assist the other two through Jr. Ridge to River as race day volunteer
-Gather entire family for lunch, clean up
-Pick up 1 child plus 5 friends and drive 35 miles to drop them off at a horse rescue society where they are volunteering to muck stalls and stables, and otherwise just generally help out for 5 hours.
-Return home. .
-Install bathroom fixtures and replace light fixture in the entryway
-Return to horse society to retrieve said child plus 5 friends, and take each one home.
-Make dinner (again!)
And that should take care of all that pesky extra time. Although, if there proves to be any, I plan to sneak in a bike ride somewhere as well. Someday, "they" tell me, I'll look back on this stage of life and miss it. I don't believe "them" yet.

28 Comments:
*ponders his movie rental choices*
You make me tired. Wanna take a nap with me? I won't fart on you, I promise.
Oh and by *nap* I do not mean what "Shangie" means when they say "nap" ;-)
Crazy, ain't it, E?
(Sometimes I have a hard time believing that line, too.)
I hope you can fit in that bike ride. Can't quite see the time in there, myself. :-)
You will. You'll get bored.
xxx
LOL @ Sooz!.....sure it isn't the same ladies. ;)
Ummm....have fun and try and get a little R&R in this weekend.
Angie
You will miss it. I know it. I think it will take awhile though!
Wow...you are one busy chica. I had NO idea we could have put you to work like that when you were here visiting!
I'll remember that for next time:)
Now go & have a nice "nap" with Soozie...AND no "froggling"
**running away snickering***
Shelly
And I thought I had a lot to do this weekend! Yikes! At least I'm only responsible for myself.
Hope you get to take that bike ride!
I was going to say, "Have a nice weekend." but now I will just send you best wishes that you get it all done with your sanity intact.
it cant be done. i dont believe you for one second.
You make me tired just reading about it - and I thought my to do list was on the long side this weekend! I hope you get it all done. :)
This does not prove you are insane. This proves you are a robot.
Yeah, all those 'they' and 'thems' can just kiss my you know what.
Although, 'they' did say I'd miss the newborn/baby stage. *sigh* I do.
I finally finished my interview and posted it. The delay was caused by medications that were not conducive to blogging, reading, typing, writing, or anything but sleeping.
Good luck with your sanity!
Love,
Dawn
o_O
Holy crap! when you write it all out it looks really busy.
Yes, it can be done, and you will do everything with aplomb!
Our "baby" just turned 22 this week, and our oldest will be 25 in June. Somehow or other, they've lived through all of our parenting mistakes! :D
It makes me miss my son and the games I missed because I was so busy following my star. Motherhood is the star. The rest of it is insanity.
Bloggy: So... what'd you choose?? I can't stand the suspense!
Sooze: Nuh-uh, I don't make you tired... you were already tired -- I saw your "to-do" list for the weekend!
Lynn: Crazy, indeed. Hang in there, sistah!
Squirl: Nope, no bike ride. And today was perfect weather, too. *sigh* Maybe tomorrow?
JDR: You think? I can't imagine being bored with books and blogs to read...
Angie: Definitely fun, but not relaxing. Maybe later... when I'm 90.
Traci: I'm sure you're right -- on both counts!
Shelly: Hey! Get back here!!! ;) Of course you didn't know my work capacity: that's because I left my "Cinderella" mop and bucket at home. I'm sneaky like that.
Shawkey: No bike ride, but I did go for a run this morning, and it was lovely. Thanks!
Kranki: Thank you, love -- it worked! Well, at least I'm no less sane than I was to begin with...
Asia: But it can, and it was! And I survived!! But I need a nap.
Platy: And then some, actually! But now I need a weekend to recover... *sigh* :)
Zuhn: Oh. Well then, can I get an upgrade?
Lawbrat: I'm so glad you played along!! I'm sure "They're" right, I just can't imagine it right now.
Mo-Dis: Huh?
William: Just you wait, 'enry 'iggins... Your time's a-coming!
Diana: 22 and 25? How envious of you am I?! Naw... I know I'll want them back once they've left the nest, but sometimes I just want a nap, y'know? Thanks for coming over!
Someone: You speak wisdom. Thank you -- for the perspective, and for stopping by.
what i did in the last 36 hours: spent time with the in-laws in buffalo.
i win.
That's what my look meant: wide-eyed amazement, hence one eye being bigger than the other
o=eye
_=mouth
O=the other eye...put them together you get "o_O" as in
"holy shittles, Batman!"
My dear Eclectic, I am well past that stage of life and certainly do not miss it. I only think of it in my dream, uh, I mean "nightmares."
There's a word for people like you, and that word is "champ."
Good grief, I'm exhausted just reading that!!!
Must nap.
I don't beleive for a minute that a bottle of wine or three aren't going to meet their makers during that time.
Reason number 978 not to have children.
I know that's terribly negative but it is the first thing that came to mind. Also I should mention I just finished babysitting four kids 24/7 for one week. During spring break. And I did all the driving and cooking and cleaning and laundry and emergency band aid applications.
Let me just say that you will look back and miss it.
But you will also appreciate a job well done.
And you will appreciate having time for yourselves.
Missing something doesn't always mean you want to do it all over again.
I love you and you are a great mom!
Kat: No contest. I totally concede, AND, offer my condolences.
Mo-Dis: This is what I'm saying! What do I owe you for the "emoticon" tutorial?
SSNick: At last! The voice of truth in advertising!! Thank you Nick for restoring my faith!
Iron-Fist: Aww, that's the nicest thing for you to say! Unless of course, it's a typo and you meant to say, "chump", in which case, that wasn't really nice, although it may be somewhat true. ;)
Jessica: No fair! But then, you must be getting your beauty rest, because I've seen how gorgeous you are upon waking. ;)
Limpy: Guilty. :) Sagelands makes a really nice merlot for a very reasonable price. How is that my fault?
Sheryl: What? You can't come up with just 2 more to make it an even thousand?! ;) 4 kids for a week of baby sitting 24/7??? I'm not certain, but that just may make you even crazier than I!
Nina: You promise? I love you too, sweetie!
Post a Comment
<< Home