I hope your guests are better-behaved than ours. We had a dog "marking" the furniture, and a kid smearing poop all over the powder room. J.P. was a wreck when dealing with it all--thank GOD they were his relatives and not mine!
Yeah, my place is trashed, too. I'm making my husband 'help'. I'm sick and tired of being looked to for all things domestic and civilized just because I have breasts and a vagina. The New Year will open the eyes of the clueless and increasingly lazy Spilling Family. I'll probably end up blogging about it. It ought to be interesting.
shawkey: OMG!! do you get some sort of award for "best wife"??
mrtl: hi!! thanks for the good thoughts!
amy: merry christmas and happy new year to you too! *mwah*
platy: by the time the guests arrived, the house wasn't too bad. it's amazing what four people can accomplish in a small amount of time!!
s.s.nick: excellent advice -- I shall take it!
susie: oh yeah... that's me -- cool as a cucumber.
mo/dis: naughty girl...
kranki: yes, that's it! exactly!!!
lynn: mr. eclectic's quite handy to have around, to be truthful. he's never subscribed to the theory of "women's work", which may explain 15 happy years together... :)
HA! When I read this yesterday, I thought it said you were calm and FANTASTIC about it! I'm sure your time with your guests has been fantastic, and not fatal :)
Um, E darlin? I'm worried... I mean, first you post that you were handling things just swimmingly, and now we haven't heard from you in DAYS... I'm thinking things might have turned fatalistic... hello? anyone? ;)
Hey, if I were your houseguest I would definitely prefer a calm host to a spotless house! I hope you had/are having a great time with your full house (Uncle Jesse!), and happy new year's!
hey there hoped you survived the chaos that the holidays brought with it... and Happy New Year!!! Kitkat is great, she is 6 months!!! enjoyed her first christmas then caught a nasty cold.. she's good now.. but thanks for coming by and commenting, love to hear from you as always.
Shari are you there??? Here's hoping all is well and you're taking a well-earned break after those visitors left. Unless of course you've been abducted by aliens... but you're probably skiing! ;)
It's okay, guys! I saw her at the gym today. She's fine, I promise. Just really, really busy, that girl...she's got training and all sorts of that everyday stuff on her list. She's a rock star, ya know. I declare open season on the fatalistic jokes. Fire away.
32 Comments:
you know what helps me? justin timberlake.
i'm just sayin'.
I hope your guests are better-behaved than ours. We had a dog "marking" the furniture, and a kid smearing poop all over the powder room. J.P. was a wreck when dealing with it all--thank GOD they were his relatives and not mine!
Oddly calm and fatalistic sounds like a perfect christmas combo.
merry christmas happy holidays to you Eclectic!
mwah!
Sounds exactly the way you should be! I'm sure your house is fine - good luck with the visitors! :)
Enjoy your guests; forget the mess.
Cool.
If all else fails, grab your husband and lock yourselves in the coat closet for a few hours...
I'm just sayin'.
You have achieved Seasonal Zen.
Yeah, my place is trashed, too. I'm making my husband 'help'. I'm sick and tired of being looked to for all things domestic and civilized just because I have breasts and a vagina. The New Year will open the eyes of the clueless and increasingly lazy Spilling Family. I'll probably end up blogging about it. It ought to be interesting.
Hope you have a good night. Wish I was one of the guests coming to visit you. :)
Angie
Calm and Fatalistic is how I feel after a few Vodka's
kat: dude, that's just creepy.
shawkey: OMG!! do you get some sort of award for "best wife"??
mrtl: hi!! thanks for the good thoughts!
amy: merry christmas and happy new year to you too! *mwah*
platy: by the time the guests arrived, the house wasn't too bad. it's amazing what four people can accomplish in a small amount of time!!
s.s.nick: excellent advice -- I shall take it!
susie: oh yeah... that's me -- cool as a cucumber.
mo/dis: naughty girl...
kranki: yes, that's it! exactly!!!
lynn: mr. eclectic's quite handy to have around, to be truthful. he's never subscribed to the theory of "women's work", which may explain 15 happy years together... :)
angie: c'mon over, we've got plenty of room!
bill: now THERE's an idea...
I'm sure everything was fine. The oddly calm and fatalistic sounds like a good state of mind to me.
I like Kranki's take on it.
Cheers!
Cocoa and Bailey's for everyone!
HA! When I read this yesterday, I thought it said you were calm and FANTASTIC about it! I'm sure your time with your guests has been fantastic, and not fatal :)
Happy after the holidays to you, relax and make someone rub your feet
The comments on this just cracked me up! I am just saying oddly calm is better than many other things.
Um, E darlin? I'm worried... I mean, first you post that you were handling things just swimmingly, and now we haven't heard from you in DAYS... I'm thinking things might have turned fatalistic... hello? anyone? ;)
Happy New Year to you and yours!
have a grod one, eclectic :)
GOOD, rather
Hope you survived?
Have a wonderful New Year!
Happy New Year to you and all the family! It's five past midnight here so that makes it official. I hope 2007 brings you only good things. :)
Hey, if I were your houseguest I would definitely prefer a calm host to a spotless house! I hope you had/are having a great time with your full house (Uncle Jesse!), and happy new year's!
Happy New Year, honey.
wonder what those guests DID to her...
Oh please. You're just drunk.
hey there hoped you survived the chaos that the holidays brought with it... and Happy New Year!!!
Kitkat is great, she is 6 months!!! enjoyed her first christmas then caught a nasty cold.. she's good now.. but thanks for coming by and commenting, love to hear from you as always.
Hi, eclectic.
do we need to call the authorities? who ARE the authorities there? and authorities on what exactly? she can't be that drunk . . .
Shari are you there??? Here's hoping all is well and you're taking a well-earned break after those visitors left. Unless of course you've been abducted by aliens... but you're probably skiing! ;)
Yeah....what's up?
Angie
It's okay, guys!
I saw her at the gym today. She's fine, I promise.
Just really, really busy, that girl...she's got training and all sorts of that everyday stuff on her list.
She's a rock star, ya know.
I declare open season on the fatalistic jokes. Fire away.
I dare ya. ;oP
I feel calmly odd and futuristic.
Post a Comment
<< Home