Thursday, December 21, 2006

Nothing says "Celebrate" like an intoxicated penguin.

Beginning in 2005, he has inhabited our home with the rest of the holiday decorations. Created by our then-9-year-old son, the penguin is about 2.5 - 3 feet tall and laminated. Last year we hung him on the door in the kitchen, but this year he's out by the fireplace on the wall:




I'd offer you a drink, but clearly the penguin has emptied the house. Maybe I could interest you in a cookie instead?

21 Comments:

At 2:07 AM, Blogger WILLIAM said...

Wow. He looks like the penguin from one of the Adam Sandler Movies, "billy Madison" maybe where Adam only see' the penguin when Adam is drunk.

 
At 3:34 AM, Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

I can't understand penguins when they speak, intoxicated or not.

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger I'm not here. said...

What kind of cookie?
*brings over another bottle of scotch*

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger zuhn said...

I'll pass on the cookies, but I'll have some of that marinated penguin.

Happy holidays, e!

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Squirl said...

Your nine yo made that? That's really good. Maybe you should offer the penguin a cookie to sober it up. ;)

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Nina said...

Oh I love the penguin! What would Christmas be without an intoxicated penguin? That is what I should get to go along with our 27" of snow, intoxicated . . . um I mean an intoxicated penguin. :)

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'd love a cookie! I'll bring the Bailey's!

I LOVE that penguin! That's hysterical!

Forget dressing up like Santa, I wanna know who is going to dress up like the intoxicated penguin this year!

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I don’t believe I have ever encountered an intoxicated penguin before!

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Nilbo said...

I love intoxicated penguins. They are sooo easy to trick.

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Hey! I want an intoxicated penguin!!

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Love the penguin. Love you.
Merry Christmas.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Kranki said...

I love the drunk penguin's foot wear. Stylin'!

Merry Christmas Eclectic Family!

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Platypus said...

What a wonderful picture! I'd love a penguin like that, intoxicated or not. Does it dance?

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger jenny said...

So that's why they've all got happy feet!

I love that penguin - how much would he charge to make me one?

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I LOVE YOUR PENGUIN! He's adorable! You could SELL that shit.

Merry Christmas, E darlin', to everyone in your house.

Peace on Earth.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Merry Christmas, E!!

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger pack of 2 said...

Merry Christmas Beautiful!

Love to you.

Angie

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Merry Christmas, Eclectic and Family.

that penguin is really cute, btw.

 
At 5:17 AM, Blogger Nina said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours may your day be a happy one. Love you!

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Good morning and Merry Christmas, family eclectic! xxxxx

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger Squirl said...

Merry Christmas, Sis!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home