Thursday, March 30, 2006

Two Children Left Behind

See what happens?

You take one Eclectic, add One Child Left Behind, and this is the result:




(Of course this was prior to the margaritas, and the one [or two... who's counting?] Grey Goose Three-Olive Martinis ordered by Kat, even though she didn't show up to help us drink them.)




When alcohol is added to the above, you achieve the following results:










So you're all now warned. If you come to my town, I will get you drunk and post photos of the carnage.

It was a rare pleasure, Brandon. Thanks for hanging out with me.

49 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Blogger pack of 2 said...

That's YOU????

Hott:)

Shelly

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Kranki said...

Holy HUGE drinks, Batman!

 
At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay - those drinks are props, right? There is no way someone would actually serve that for one person! COME ON!!

Dang. Too bad you can't make it to NYC... it would be a dangerously good time.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, doll!

Those drinks ARE huge! WOW!

Great to put a face to the blog! :)

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Curtis said...

Them's some big assed drinks. And you had TWO?!? My hero! (and a bit of a looker too, I might add)

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Nina said...

WOW ~ I am so coming to your town, one of these days. Not sure I would be able to walk after one of those margaritas, however. :-)

 
At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm...alcohol...how I miss thee. Funny how the last time I saw a picture of you on Romy's blog you had a giant margarita in front of you too! I detect a theme.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger kat said...

i am SO GLAD i wasn't there now. i think i would have been totally intimidated by all of the hotitude. seriously, it's no fair that you two get to be such hotties.

glad you had such a good time ;)

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Throw in another vote for "hott." And I didn't even't have a fancy ass drink!

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger The Q said...

I know, isn't she though HOTT Shelly?!? I may or may not have a totally innocent crush on Eclectic! But you see....I've also seen a picture of her in a BATHING SUIT! Whoa Mama, let me tell you...um ok, I sound like a big ole disgusting perv right about now.

*ahem* Eclectic nice pictures! If only you could have combined the one of you with your eyes closed with the one of him with his eyes closed and you guys would have looked like you were drinking LemonDrops in Vegas.

*cough* I just dry heaved typing the word "LemonDrop". GAH!

 
At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I so agree with you soozieq. I've seen an oiled up bikini shot of eclectic.

heh, ok, that is all.

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOLY COW THE DRINKS ARE HUGE!

You are beautiful and intelligent. You. Go. Girl!!

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Squirl said...

I know, Nina and a I can split one of the Margaritas when we see you. Those things are huge.

Looks like you had a great time!

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger DCK said...

Hey there you are!!!
You guys looked like you enjoyed those drinks.
I can't drink for a while... never thought I'd miss it.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger eclectic said...

Shelly: No, no, I'm the reddish-blonde one. *heh* Thank you, sweetie!

Kranki: I know! But see? Mine is smaller than his at least!

Jen: Oh I wish they were, but no, we actually drank them, plus the martinis. It's probably a good thing I won't be at TC'06 -- I'd never survive.

CK: Hi Kelli! :::waving madly::: Yep, that's my face... or what's left of it after those enormous drinks.

Curtis: Awww, now you're just trying to make me blush!

Nina: Sweet! C'mon out -- I'll make sure there's a wheelchair nearby just in case. ;)

Zuhn: Yeah, you're right. What IS that? Apparently I only permit myself to be caught in front of a camera when there's tequila around. Hmmmm...

Kat: "hotitude" -- Ha! You would have been a most welcome addition. But really, you were there in a sense because somebody kept ordering those dammit martinis, and I know for a fact it couldn't have been me. ;)

Bloggy: Damn, there were Fancy Ass drinks being served? I didn't get one, either!

Sooze: Step away from the LemonDrops and no one will get hurt. Bwahaha! And technically, I was wearing a "posing" suit. *ahem*

Zuhn: Oiled up... okay, well maybe; but technically, it was a "posing" suit. *sheesh*

Lawbrat: Thank you, sweetie! But OMG, they were SOOOOOOOO huge!

Squirl: Nah, no fair sharing. I'll just grab an extra wheelchair for you. *heh*

Twixie: Another few months and we'll be drinking champagne to toast your new arrival! Nice to see you here.

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

No? Well, your fancy ass must be thirsty! You better rush back and get one!

 
At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must concur on the large drink topic. Also? The hottitude topic.

Those margaritas look yummy--wish I was heading to Seattle!

 
At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You say posing suit, I say itsy-bitsy, teeny-weeny, non-polka-dotted bikini.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Brandon said...

yes, eclectic is incredibly hot, and frankly i'm sick of hearing about it, particularly since no fewer than 6 men fawned over her in my presence (i guess the vegan hoodie wasn't intimidating enough).

going out with hot women is almost more hassle than it's worth.

almost ;)

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

OMG those are huge margaritas!!!!

i'm so there, where do i sign up?

you are absolutely gorgeous, eclectic.

did you finish the margaritas?

 
At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well my dear...you are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for sharing... I'm glad you had a good time! The drinks look good too! LOL

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger eclectic said...

Bloggy: How did you know I have a donkey named "Fancy"??

Shawkey: Y'know, you could ditch Florida in July, we could strong-arm Sooze and the Hubs, and y'all could come out here instead. Everyone in favor?

Zuhn: Potato, po-tah-to... posing suit. All I know is that it was about 10 lbs ago!

Nikki: Wow. I am all verklempt! You are so precious!! Do you know how much you'll be missed? My love goes with you, Nik.

Brando: Let's see, there was General Lee, and his pal TC, the guy who left his bag o' boxes, the tall one named Bouncer... did I leave any of them out? I still think they were drawn to you and your holy hoody hotness. I was merely an obstacle.

Dawn: Yes, I did finish my margarita, and then we went to another establishment and had Kat's martinis. I'll show you the sign-up sheet when you get here! ;)

Traci: Thank you! The margaritas really are good, and I bet I could remember how to order one for you when you come up to visit. ***hint, hint***

 
At 5:07 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Aw. Do drunken bloggers get any cuter? I'm thinking, NO. heeheeee My sister and one of my favorite blogboys. I am green with envy. Or something, you know, that's green. Just can't stop smiling :) You know, brando's place is where I "met" you. *sniff* *sniff*
I just saw at OCLB that my name was taken in vain. And I got so excited, I wanted to leave a comment, but he wouldn't let me. Anyhow, my name was linked to "is." And this is tremendously exciting to me, because "is" always makes me think of one of my favorite presidential quotes, "It depends upon what your definition of 'is' is." So, not only do I feel like you and brando included me, but now I also feel that Bill Clinton included me. (don't worry, I have an 'appointment' to get some help.)

 
At 6:02 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sweetie... I'm back. You know, you look a lot like a girl I went to school with. You never lived in Illinois, did you?

 
At 6:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just reading Susie's comment and wanna know...what's OCLB??? Have a lovely day!

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Didn't I tell you? I'm a Farm Animal Clairvoyant.

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

SWEET! I'll be there tomorrow. I'm going to run by MO and get Curtis and Mark and we'll be there, oh, say 3:00?

And 'cute' is all over you like a duck on a June-bug, gal.

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Jim! I love "duck on a june-bug"... much better than "stink on s--t."

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger pack of 2 said...

So I always knew that you were beautiful on the inside....even when I was still just a lurker here....but now I can see that you're equally as beautiful on the outside. Seriously sister! I can see why Soozie has a crush on you.;)

Angie

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger WILLIAM said...

Smoking Hot. Really.

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Nina said...

Yep, I will share with Squirl, that way I can still walk. You are absolutely gorgeous . . . I still say we all need to meet up at the house in Phoenix. . . and I will promise Mr. E to protect you from all the men . . . I swear!

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger eclectic said...

Lynn: I KNOW! I'm so jealous of me that I hate myself!!

Susie: I'm calling Nina. It may involve alcohol.

I wish I could tell you how thrilled I was when you visited my infant blog! Who knew I would get a sister (or 10) out of it?!

CK: Darn it, I WISH I knew you in school! But I lived my whole growing up in the Denver area. I've visited Illinois, though, does that count?

Traci: "One Child Left Behind" -- the name of Brandon's blog. We "met" in Brando's comments.

Bloggy: Leave them farm critters alone, boy. This ain't hill country...!

Jim: 3:00? With Curtis and Mark? Perfect!! You're not just toying with me are you?

CK: Isn't Jim just the cutest thing? Kinda makes you just wanna pinch his cheeks, doesn't it?!

Angie: Awww, you're so sweet! Thank you for that.

William: Actually, I don't smoke.
***wink***

Nina: Chicken! ;) Alright, as long as you both come visit, I s'pose you can share a margarita. Although I'm still liking the Pheonix idea, just not in the summer, 'kay? Oh, and does Dr. John have room in the nut hut for Susie? She's having delusional episodes and I'm worried. ;)

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger scott said...

Salad is murder Brando.

And why is your drink bigger than hers? Or maybe it just looks bigger in front of you than it does in front of her. Hmmm...

Wow. It was like a Vortex of Cleverness.

Hello, Shari.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger eclectic said...

Scott? Here??


***thunk***

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Oh, darn it.

*kicks dirt*

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger kat said...

we finished up our final round of interviews today, and it looks like we're probably going to hire my top choice. and why was he my top choice? because in the span of an hour and a half, he mentioned "martinis" at least three times :)

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Nina said...

Woo~Hoo, I am comment number 38 . . . this is where the party is. See what happens when you add margaritas.

There is always room in Dr. John's Nut Hut for Susie and other Bloggeroos. . .

I told him we are going to move the Nut Hut down to the beach in Mexico . . . he said he is all for it.

I told him if we serve margaritas they will be beating the doors down to get in. Instead of trying to get out. :)

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Nina said...

:::: rolling eyes :::: Okay make that number 39 . . . A kat beat me to it. ;-)

 
At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those drinks are larger than even MY head -- which is saying a lot.

 
At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just stoppin in to say hi and i'm thinking of you tonight.

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I was really in the mood for a margarita tonight! Those huge ones look so good I may put my clothes back on and amble down to the corner pub!

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger p.p. said...

You have a friendly face, that's a good thing. Brandon, on the other hand... well, I just won't go there. ;)

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger eclectic said...

Bloggy: You'll find a real nice girl someday... with only 2 legs! Won't that be nice?

Kat: Yeah, but does he order three olives? Because I'm convinced that's the secret to the perfect Grey Goose martini. Congrats on the decision -- hope he accepts the position. Because then you can get him up to speed, and turn in your resignation and get out here in time for the July Bar.

Nina: 38, 39... what's in a number anyway? Unless you're talking about the number of margaritas we're having down in Mexico. THEN, the number matters!!! ;)

Sandra: Welcome! You know, we actually talked about you and your site -- before I got so hammered that all I could say was, "I love you man, you're my best friend in the whole world!" I'm flattered you've stopped by.

Traci: Hey, how YOU doin? ;) Thanks for checking in.

SsNick: Hope the corner pub treated you right!

Peter: Friendly? HA! That's like having a 'good personality' on a blind date, right? ;)

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger kat said...

oh, i'm curious - did brandon eat his olives?

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger eclectic said...

Kat, I see you side-stepped the July Bar neatly... but to answer your question, yes he did. Plus 1 extra I think. I believe the bar was out of olives by the time we left.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Only 2 legs? Can one or both of them be in a cast? I'd hate for her to be able to get away after I find her. She might not have time to see my boyish charm.

*adds "boyish charm" to shopping list*

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger kat said...

i know, i did. sorry. hits a bit too close to home these days. gah.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Amy said...

YOu are one hotzy totzy!

I would so love to sit and have a drink with you.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, you are hot. But I am soooo jealous you got to have ginormous drinks with Brando.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home