Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Thankful for Season's Passes

PHOTO UPDATE: Current conditions -- snowing.





Q: What happens when you have a mountain, 12 miles from my house, and add snow?


A: Skiing Eclectics!


Yeah, I know it's not open until Saturday. But.... I have snowshoes!!

18 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Blogger The Q said...

YEAH! How cool. I've never tried that. I used to ski and I loved it. Now I'm too old and too poor to ski.

Does LE ski already too? I wouldn't be surprised that as his young age, he's already athletic!

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Squirl said...

I don't like snow well enough to go out into it on purpose. I'd be in much better shape, physically, if I did.
SoozieQ, what do you mean you're too old???

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger mreddie said...

Wish I could see it in person - have a great time. ec

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Judypatooote said...

I only tried cross country skiing once....and that was enough....I ended up taking off my ski's when I got to a little hill and walking over and then putting them back on.. and that got tiring......Just while trying to get to the ski trail, I fell and started to slide down a hill while holding onto a weed....I thought my brains were going to pop out.....But you have a great time.....is it a real big mountain?

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger I'm not here. said...

Sounds like you guys are gonna have so much fun!
:o)

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I'm on my way................. :)
ours dont open for another little while still. our temps. are still in the pluses :( . you're so lucky. hope you have fun, and the conditions are purfect.

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

oops-perfect, not purfect(i have cats on the brain, maybe?)
i just had a brain ffffffffffffft

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Kranki said...

I see a very sore ass in your future. And thighs and calves...

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Curtis said...

Aw, y'all have a great time for cryin' out loud. And thanks for adding me to your blogroll -- I'm so honored.

 
At 4:28 AM, Blogger KMJ said...

Ohhh, winter is truly here (and a bit early!). Enjoy the slopes. I'll live vicariously through your ski posts, having a cup of hot cocoa while I read your stories. :)

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

sports=evil

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger eclectic said...

Sooze: NOT too old, and after the start-up period is over, you'll not be too poor, either. Plus, skiing is substantially more affordable in this region than anywhere else in the country. Seriously. It makes me happy.

Squirl: If you don't have excellent gear, you won't enjoy the snow AT ALL. Layers. It's all about layers! Oh, and cotton kills. Friends don't let friends wear cotton out there.

Mr. Ed: I need one of those helmet-cams, I guess, eh? Or, you could just come join me!

Judy: The top is above 6 or 7 thousand feet and the trails cover just over 4,000 ft. vertical, I believe. It's small by Colorado resort standards, but plenty big for only a 15 minute drive!

Romy: Snow-shoeing is such fun! And when you can reward it by snapping on skis when you reach the top and zooming down, (with the mountain all to yourself b/c no one else is insane enough to climb all the way up carrying skis...), it is unbeatable! We had SO MUCH fun! Already! And it's snowing again today! Hoo-ah!

M_D: You could come with me, y'know....!

Blogaholic: At least the brain fffffts don't linger like the other kind! And come on down -- it's snowing again today! I'll buy you some cocoa in the lodge!

Kranki: Oh how right you are. Don't forget quads, too!

Curtis: Plan to, darlin'! And the pleasure is mine.

Mrtl: You won't always be pregnant, I promise. You'll be back on skiis by next season if you want -- I'll even babysit Bug and Frida in the lodge while you take a few moguls!

KMJ: With marshmallows? ***crosses fingers***

Bloggy: Yer jes jillis 'cuz KIN-tucky ain't got no mountains!

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Nina said...

You all will have so much fun. I do not like snow, not to drive, not to shovel, and not even to play in it. It can at times look pretty looking out the window. Give me summer anyday.
I have lived 29 years in Colorado now and people are shocked that I do not ski . . . John does. I am ready to move to AZ and the sooner the better. But it won't be for a few years. Have a wonderful time!

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

We don't? Whew! That is a relief. That means I don't have any inbred cousins either.

Huh, this IS a good day after all!

*wanders off to find banjo*

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger mreddie said...

Update photo comment - wow!!! ec

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger The Q said...

Photo Update Comment:

AWESOME!!!

All we have is nasty wind and rain...the show looks heavenly.

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger KMJ said...

Maybe for the first time ever, I'm so happy that the snow went north to y'all near Seattle and bypassed us around Portland... I really could do without such an early 'inclement weather incident.' Hope you are all enjoying it, and snow-shoeing around the neighborhood. :)

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger WILLIAM said...

Have fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home