Monday, October 24, 2005

Motif Monday (by mrtl): Worst Date Ever

Considering that until Mr. E I never dated anyone for longer than 3 months, this could prove to be a rather ambitious topic. But I'm an over-achiever, so here goes.

There was the: "Now-that-we've-seen-this-movie-I-paid-for, and-there's-still-time-before-curfew, maybe-you'd-like-to-touch-my-d**k-and-then-get-engaged" boy I went out with Junior year.

The ever-popular: "Hi-my-name-is-Randy-and-I-hope-that-by-securing-this-date-with-you-my-parents-will-stop-wondering-if-I'm-gay."

Let's not forget: "I-couldn't-get-a-date-with-your-roommate-but-maybe-you'd-like-to-go-grab-something-to-eat-so-I-can-grill-you-about-every-detail-of-her-life."

Oh, and: "Being-a-bartender-makes-me-a-fun-guy. What-do-you-mean-you-don't-want-to-see-me-anymore? Actually-when-you-said-that-you-meant-that-you-want-me-to-show-up-on-your-doorstep-at-odd-hours-crying, right?"

But hands-down, the absolute worst date I was EVER on was with the pre-med student my parents LOVED, who promised we didn't have do anything I didn't want to do, but... didn't mean it. Sorry ... decidedly NOT funny, but the topic was "Worst Date EVER", and I'm a stickler for the rules.

12 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Blogger I'm not here. said...

If it makes you feel better, one of mine couldn't read. He's on drugs now. The other one turned to drugs and goth after we broke up.
Asshats are everywhere.
Everywhere. Aren't you glad you're out of the dating (cess)pool?
:o)

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Jeanie said...

Ah yes. But when we've dated the asshats, it makes us appreciate the guys we have now, and knowing that we'll never put up with shit again.. Am I right? :)

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger eclectic said...

Mrtl: Well, technically, ONE asshat is too many... but, I dated lots of great guys too. I just singled out the asshats for you!

M_D: Now that you mention it, yes I AM!! ;)

Jeans: Dead on! Of course, I knew Mr. E was different than anyone I'd known even from the moment I met him. He was worth the wait.

 
At 4:02 AM, Blogger Judypatooote said...

You started my day out with a laugh.....I have to say many Yearsssssssssssssssss ago, when I was in high school, I dated mainly my husband.... got married at 18. My junior year Jim and I broke up so I dated a few guys....but I never ran across any funny comments like you have...well maybe I did, and just can't remember them....lol

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger Amy said...

These were all bang on. Nicely done, eclectic!

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Squirl said...

What a great list. Sorry you actually had to live through it. I got so tired of jerky guys that I quit dating for a number of years before I met Ichabod. That's been almost thirteen years now that we've been together.

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Nina said...

Makes you wonder where these guys are today. Makes you thankful that you are not with them. Mr. E got the prize . . . because he knew how to behave.

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger SierraBella said...

You poor baby!
One of my worst dates was with a recently divorced father of one.
All he talked about was the ex and the child.
I advised him they should get back together, and they did!

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger The Q said...

I had the very same decidedly NOT funny thing happen to me too :-(

Weird, I've never really told anyone (other than the Hubs) and here I go and put it out there for EVERYONE to see on the internet. Thanks for letting me get that "off my chest" so to speak.

Here's a {{HUG}} for you from me.

Mr. E is very lucky indeed!

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Kranki said...

I had forgotten about the one who shows up at weird times crying...SHUDDER! I had one of those too.

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger eclectic said...

Judy: I'm so glad I could make you smile! Thinking about those *ahem* difficult dates *ahem* actually made me laugh, too! It's nice to have you stop by.

Amy: Thanks! **curtseying** I actually laughed a LOT writing it and remembering some of those dating fiascos.

Squirl: I did get one of everything, didn't I?! TOLD you the topic might be ambitious...! You were wise to go cold turkey -- Ich's the bomb!

Nanina: Awww... you say the nicest things!!! Mr. E might not always agree with you, though. Sometimes I think I'm a pain in the ass, not so much a prize!

Raz: Thanks, sweetie. In retrospect, it contributed to my becoming who I am now. It was a long, long time ago, and now? It really does seem like simply the worst date EVER.

SierraB: Ever considered going into marriage counseling? Sounds like you're good at it!!! ;)

SoozieQ: Of all the things to have in common, I'm sorry to know it's that. I've sent you an email. Anything else on your chest you'd like to share with the class? ;)

vKranki: Precisely! SHUDDER!!!

 
At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well for me there was this guy who dated me because he was in love with my sister............... or the one who only wanted to meet me becasue he hoped I looked like her. No unresolved issues with sibling rivalry............ Or the guy who came with his sweater tucked into his already too tight jeans!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home