Saturday....in the park......
Wanna know what I did yesterday?
Click here.
And here's a picture of the souvenir:

And close up:

It was awesome! We rode 64.02 miles and drank an unspecified amount of wine, on a day loaded with perfect weather and amazing people. Remind me of this next time I feel like whining, would you? Thanks.

15 Comments:
Wow! That sounds amazing Eclectic. Did you do the 30 or 60 mile one?
I bet it was absolutely GORGEOUS.
The Hubs and I keep saying that we're going to drive up to Oregon and Washington "one of these days" just to enjoy all the beautiful landscapes.
*sigh* maybe someday.....
Ok, that was weird...I was just leaving you a comment here and you were just leaving me a comment at my "place".
That means technically we could have said "Hi" in passing on our ways back to your own blogs!
Cool, huh?
SoozieQ: Hi! ***waving maniacally***
Very cool. Strenous physical activity and wine. Excellent combination. How does that work? Not too much wine? Not too tough a course? Both sound like fun, I'm just having trouble putting them together.
Wow, indeed! That sounds amazing. I wonder...did you have to walk your bike for the last 30 miles or what? I'm sure I would have toppled over by mile 25 or winery number 2, whatever comes first.
The closest thing we have here is called the Tour de Ville, which consists of riding through half the city and out into the 'burbs. Once the circuit is complete, you get to buy a hotdog and beer. Classy.
Sorry, make that Tour de l'ile. And I haven't even started drinking yet.
No, no, no.... silly Susie and Zuhn! You ride the 64+ miles, tour the wineries, and THEN in the evening, go to dinner -- which has been catered at one of the wineries -- where ALL of the featured vintages are offered for tasting and/or purchase. Even when it's not motorized, I still don't cotton to drinking and driving!
Well, I can see how you stay in such good shape. I haven't even ridden a bike in years. Ich took a trip last weekend that was about 75 miles round-trip. He may or may not have had wine afterward. :-)
Sounds like you had a fun time.
Sounds like you had like the best time ever!
So glad you could go out and play.
You deserve it. :o)
You? Whine? I think NOT, tough girl! You eat nails for breakfast 'cause you're a rock star. I know better than that.
Yeah!
See! This is exactly the tour I wanted to take of wine country in France! Of course, I think the one I was looking at was a bit more leisurely than this one - but it sounds like you had a blast! Fun!
Yah sorry I asked you which one you did...I clicked on the link, read all about it then rushed back and commented.
Duh! I see you rode an impressive 64+ miles....should have known those ABS would go all the way and then some.
Oh, you don't get to drink and bike? That's a shame.
I worked in a travel agency for a while and we offered these driving tours of Turino where we point you to all the vineyards for wine tasting. I could not, for the life of me, get my boss to understand the flawed logic.
Wow~ it sounds just wonderful~ thinking my butt would hurt from the bike seat after 5 miles or so. But you did 64+ miles . . .
Sounds like you had a wonderful day, you deserve those. ;)
squirl: Ich is a cyclist? How cool is that! Are you even a little bit interested in trying it? Because the technology has improved so much just even in the last 5-6 years regarding components and ergonomics. You might really like it!
m_d: I only eat nails for breakfast when I know I've got to beat you...!
mrtl: Yeah...there was a little exercise involved...but it really was a lot of fun. As with anything, who you're with can make a huge difference.
jenny: Are you a cyclist? We did have a blast, but I think France might be a bit more...glamorous?
soozieq: Urhm..., I actually use my legs when I'm on my bike... but I was pretty happy to see that someone bothered to click the link at all!
zuhn: Yeah...I don't get that one either. Can you say, "LIABILITY"?
nanina: Thank you, sweetie! You're right... in a way there's not a whole lot of difference in the amount of saddle soreness between 10 miles and 40 miles. But I trained for the ride, so I actually didn't get saddle sore at all. We're doing another ride this coming weekend, too, to benefit the Mike Utley Foundation for Spinal Chord Injuries.
I know you use your legs Eclectic when you ride, but for somoene like me, EVERY muscle in the body would be utilized as a last resort to keep my momentum moving forward.
With ABS like yours, you could kick those puppies into gear and somehow use them to power your legs...if need be (which I'm sure you wouldn't need to)
Post a Comment
<< Home