Monday, September 12, 2005

Doubt

Thanks again to mrtl for another great Motif Monday topic.


I DOUBT:

That things will always work out for the best;
That anything bad will last forever.

That I'll remember everything I want to remember;
That I'll be able to forget all the things I need to forget.

That everyone who says, "I'm sorry" actually understands what that means;
That everyone who fails to say sorry actually understands what they've done.

That I'll live long enough to fully solve the riddle of my own emotions;
That anyone does.

That real love is possible without a belief in something outside of ourselves;
That true hate ever leads to anything noble.

That this is what Mrtl had in mind;
That it will matter; she's not one to make much ado about nothing.

;)

17 Comments:

At 7:09 PM, Blogger zuhn said...

I used to tell people not to apologize to me unless they know what it was they were apologizing for. Now I think maybe it's not so much the sentiment behind the word sorry, but the word itself that is problematic.

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger I'm not here. said...

I am once again impressed by your way with words.
As for the part about solving the riddle of one's emotions...that is very true.

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger ALRO said...

I know you liked my other one - Eclectic.. so I'll give you one in relation to this one .. one of my more serious ones.. all about being of two minds on one subject..

Abstract thought

There is always a fleeting thought
that echoes in my mind,
"Can this be real .. is this a moment in time
"or simply a figment of my imagination; a dream"

A waking slumber;
frought with the showers of sadness
belied by the sunshine that follows
forever hailing the smiles;
laughter;
happiness;

To Hell with Smiling!

but it is an essential part of existance!
why!
Frowning as i am.... Because it is..
so says you..
But I do..

You have friends...
yes i do..
why do you..
because I do...
do you love them
but I do..
why..
because.....
you do!!

Am I mad?
Does my mind act a play upon me?
I do not!
But you do!
I do not, you fool.. I merely show you the truth!

The Truth, I say!
The truth... that you cannot dare face..
I can face what I choose..
You will not face...
I will face it .. I say..
You will not face that you are alone!!!

I am alone...
YOu ARE NOT !!

There is clarity...
an anger.
clarity....
rage...
friendship and clarity...

"You are not alone.."
there is a small voice...
"but i am.."

The nature of things
always brings forth a balance.
"but I am alone"
There is balance...

The angel has tasted this bitter chocolate....
The Sentinel, thy brother has too...
Thy sister, with illness, has gaze upon it ...
and thy guide -- blessed with wisdom
sees your suffering, and looks on you knowingly.

There is a fleeting thought
that echoes in my mind,
"Can this be real!"

I say, It is life!
I say, Life must go on..

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger Nina said...

eclectic, you write so beautifully . . . I love this!
Nina

 
At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have read this so many times. Each time I love it more and more. Very nice.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger SierraBella said...

I love your take on mrtl's assignment!
Very clever.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger The Q said...

You are one of the few people that I read who really gets me thinking. You don't do it everyday (which I like because it hurts my brain to think) but you do it enough for me to say "Hmm, that Eclectic sure is one smart & incredible person!"

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger eclectic said...

Zuhn: Agreed. Apology for its own sake is hollow, yet oddly, better than nothing most times.

M_D: Thanks, darlin'!

Mrtl: So I suspected as to the interpretation... but the compliment is a lovely surprise. Thank you.

Alshrim: WOW!

Nanina: Thank you!! But are you sure you weren't refering to Alshrim's comment?! ;)

Lawbrat: Stop by anytime. It's always good to think you're nearby.

Sierrabella: Clever? ME? Awww, you say the sweetest things! Great to see you back in circulation.

SoozieQ: *blush* Any ability to "make" you think is a totally inadvertent stroke of luck on my part. I was actually going for nauseate, but think is good, too. ;)

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Squirl said...

Eclectic, you do write well and we enjoy it. What, you think we just come back hoping for pictures of bug-splattered windshields?

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger ALRO said...

Thanks for the compliment Eclectic..

I love your writing too.. it's awesome. I just wanted to show you a different side of my poetry.. all you saw was the limrick..

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Wait, there's bug-splattered windshields?

Really, I loved the way you did this. Downright poetic.

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Brandon said...

true, nothing bad lasts forever, but even mullets make the occasional comeback.

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger The Egel Nest said...

This was just a great post.

I love when people write introspective and personal things that easily relate to scores of other people.

Great Stuff...

:)

Bradley
The Egel Nest

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger eclectic said...

Squirl: How'd you know I was planning a special feature? It's called, "Windshield Bugs of the Pacific Northwest" and I'm very excited about it.

Alshrim: You're welcome, man, and thanks right back atcha.

Bucky: It's pay-per-view.

Brando: Bidness in the front, party in the back... no, I suppose it won't go gently into extinction.

Bradley E: It's nice of you to drop in - thanks! I'm glad you found something worthwhile.

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger c said...

This is what I would have written, the sentiments at least, had my cat not been an asshole.

Perfect, perfect, perfect.

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Hi, eclectic!

You really are a very fine writer :)

 
At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, this is amazing. And I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but it is so fabulous and original that initially I was looking for attribution. Seriously, you should think about publishing, finding a venue for your specific brand of pithy brilliance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home