Wednesday, August 10, 2005

No...they were hatched. Just don't hate me.

In response to mrtl's consternation over my having three children, I have a confession to make: They aren't actually children, they're amphibians. They're busy growing gills right this minute so our trip to the waterslides later today will not be interrupted by having to come to the surface for oxygen.

This amphibious feature is also handy when your two-year-old inadvertently drops your keys to the bottom of the pool. Of course it doesn't really do anything to help the remote entry control stay dry...not that I'd know from personal experience or anything.

11 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger Squirl said...

I haven't had time to read your longer post yet. Enjoyed hearing about your little tadpoles, though.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Nina said...

LOL, So does the remote entry work again when it is dry? Have fun at the waterslides, sounds like fun.

 
At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the BEST idea. I know you'll think its perfect too. I can come take your place for a few days, and you can come take mine. We can trade back Monday...of course thats when my exam is turned in. :-)
Sounds like fun, having amphibians. :-)

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger The Q said...

Well at least now I don't feel so bad about your Abs looking like they do since they were hatched not birthed. But wait...I haven't birthed anything at all...so what the hell is my excuse again???!

*grumble*grumble*mumble*mumble*

Never mind. Hope you enjoyed the waterslides with your little amphibians :-)

 
At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

amphibians?

egad. you could at least get ones that turn into an irideus, or some salmo species.

man, that would be a fish!!

and just think, you take them with you when you go fishing, let them out into the river, catch them a few times and then bring them back home.

they get exercise, you get to fish!

i'm sure it would take a little getting used to hooking and playing your own spawn, but it'll be worth it.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger eclectic said...

squirl: Tadpoles! Now why didn't I think of that?! That may make an admirable nickname for LE.

nanina: Yes, fortunately. Again, not that I'd know personally...and yes, we had great fun slippin' and slidin', and swimmin' and stuff. Thanks!

lawbrat: Deal!! See, I've done that before, so I know I can do it. Parenting this brood? I've never done this before and each time I think I'm an experienced parent, the universe teaches me otherwise with some new developmental stage to deal with. You're right: it's PERFECT! When shall I expect you?

soozieq: Asthma. Not that you need one but that's your excuse, darlin'. See, there's this little thing called oxygen...it gets a lot of press because our bodies think it's all that. Maybe it's overrated, I don't know, but I'd hate for you to be the one we experiment on for oxygen deprivation. So, when you can breathe freely, come up for a visit and we'll kick those abs into gear!

aaron: You obviously have way too much inactivity on your hands, my friend, and your imagination is getting a little twisted! But funny, and I do love to laugh!

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger SierraBella said...

A co-worker used to jog during her lunch break.
One day she called saying she'd be a little late returning.
Turns out she's stashed her keys in her sportsbra, and the resulting sweat shorted out her keyless remote!
Keep that stuff dry eclectic!

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger eclectic said...

mrtl: "Shock and awe." I like it. Wasn't that a presidential mandate a few years back? I wonder if I can get a tax deduction for obeying it... ;)

sierrabella: Well, with little amphibians running around, it's a wonder ANYTHING stays dry! I'll do my best, though, honest.

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger The Q said...

Are you camping again?

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Nina said...

eclectic, I have a question for you, can you email me. Niabbey@att.net

Thanks Nina

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger carsr4girls said...

I completely identify with the amphibious nature of children. I just stumbled upon your blog, but I think it's great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home