Girls Interrupted
So Saturday was to have been the 2nd Annual Ladies-Only Day (and sleepover) at my friend's cabin at Lake Chelan, a popular resort in North Central Washington State.
ME: "Do you think a half-rack and a bottle of wine is enough?"
Mr. E: "Are you bringing any for more than just you?" **snicker...followed by a good-natured punch to his arm**
And with that, I was off. Because I was ALONE, as in NO CHILDREN WITH ME, I got to drive the BMW...and...play whatever CD I wanted at whatever volume I liked...and not once did I have to referee a squabble of ANY kind. The drive alone would have been heaven enough, which as it turns out, is a good thing.
I arrived at the cabin. And to my surprise, no one else was there. No one.
Pushing the door open, I called for the hostess with no answer. Walking through to the dock, calling various names....nothing. Out on the dock? Wait, maybe that's...oh, nope, it's just Frank. FRANK?! It's LADIES WEEKEND! Why is FRANK here?
LADIES WEEKEND had been postponed, only nobody let me know.
*blush*
But I got to drive home by myself too, listening to whatever I wanted. AND....I now have something with which to tease Cammy mercilessly for the rest of her life!

11 Comments:
Nobody let you know? Well, at least you did get some UNinterrupted time in your BMW. :-)
Your very own CD choice, volume as you want it, driving a BMW, no squabbles, no refereeing....ahhhhh. Heaven on earth.
Cammie beware... you're now blog fodder!
Oh my gosh. Good thing Frank wasn't sunbathing naked (or if Frank is hot, too bad he wasn't sunbathing naked.
How funny though....oh yes, the teasing I could give in such a situation! Poor, poor Cammie.
squirl: Can you believe it?! Not a peep from ANYONE! Oh well, beemer-time is always good....!
lawbrat: It was very sweet -- as you know....
sierrabella: I love the phrase "blog fodder" and you are sooooooo very right, my friend! It's open season now!
soozieq: Actually, Frank IS hot, now that you mention it, but unfortunately, quite modestly clothed in a surf-type suit. *sigh* But I'd love to collaborate with you on teasing the unfortunate Camille -- she's sooooo dead!
what a coincidence. i keep planning ladies nights out out lake chelan, and I'M the only one who shows. weird, huh?
This is what my sister-in-law hears everyday from her daughter:
"Mommy, you have to be careful with me! Turn right at the next light."
She's 4.
I'm glad you got to drive to a beautiful place with full control of the CD player...just you and the open road.
Beautiful, indeed.
:o)
brando: OH FINE -- and I wasn't even invited to yours.
m-d: Alanis accoustic...mmmm-hmmmm!
mrtl: You're right of course...my bad completely! DO OVER!!!
(smile) Well at least it is postponed so you will get another drive alone in the BMW and play whatever CD you want at whatever volume you like. But they should of let you know . . .
Come on over to my place, I have wine an its ALWAYS ladies weekend.
If ya get what Im saying, nudge nudge, wink wink and all that...
soozieq cracked me up.
Hey, let's invite Brando to a ladies' nite . . . no wait, that's not right . . . .
So were you as calm and easygoing about this as you sound here, or did you have a hissyfit? You can tell us. This reminds me of me getting left at the restaurant.
Post a Comment
<< Home