How To: Make me cry like a baby
Shit. Just got back from the vet who tells me that my 12-year-old Golden Retriever, aka my eldest child, is dying. Cancer of the spleen, she's got a month, maybe 2 at the outside. Here's a prescription for something to help make her comfortable until then.
Just shit. I'm sitting here sobbing even though she's here just like she was yesterday when she wasn't dying. She's not dead. She can't figure out why I'm upset so she's pacing and nosing me, trying to make me feel better. I just cry more.
My keyboard is not designed to withstand tears, so I'll come back later.

2 Comments:
Oh, Shari. We haven't "met," I just popped over from Brando's to congratulate on the happy news that you're a new blogger. I'm so sorry that it's not happy news you're dealing with now. I've been there. So sorry. Sending you good thoughts.
Hey Susie, thanks for visiting! And thanks for your kindness and compassion.
Post a Comment
<< Home